Monday, March 29, 2010

NBD...

No Big Deal (NBD)... to you at least.

On the other hand, I am ecstatic! I finally found out which classes I'm teaching for the 2010-2011 school year, and it is exactly what I had been hoping for!

This year I teach:
2-level 1 classes
1-level 2 class
1-level 3 class
1-AP class

(The former full-time Spanish teacher (who is now the Bible teacher) teaches 1-level 2 class).

Next year I'll teach:
2-level 1 classes
2-level 2 classes
1-AP class

I'm ecstatic because:

a)I have one less prep (now 3 different classes, instead of 4), which means less stress for me (this has been a busy, stressful year for me).

b)there will be consistency between the lower level classes (they all get taught the same thing, at about the same speed, and more-or-less in the same way)

c)I get to continue teaching AP-- something that I enjoy because it challenges me in different ways

d) I only have to learn two new textbooks... we're getting new curriculum for levels 1-3 for next year, so it will be like starting all over again. I have mixed feelings about this... I'm super excited about my new curriculum, but not excited about feeling like a first-year teacher again in many ways.

Did I ever mention that the language department also get a language lab next year? SUUUUUPER UBER excited!! The foreign language & ESL departments bugged the administration so much about it this year, so it's a go for next year! 25-30 computers for exclusively the use of the FL and ESL departments. YIPEE-SKIPEY! Now... to work on expanding the FL program to the middle school and possibly the elementary school...

Changes are a'comin!

No comments:

Post a Comment