Saturday, May 30, 2009

Make it snappy

This afternoon we went to go get some 2"x 2" sized photographs taken in order to apply for our visas. We were happy that it only cost 16 dollars total for each of our two pics at Walgreens, vs. the 18 dollars it cost for Mike's passport pictures at the MN dept. of motor vehicles. We were in and out in about 10 minutes tops. Unfortunately, when we got home, I realized that my pictures need my ears to be showing, according to the visa application... so I had to get new pictures taken because my hair was in the way; oops, another $8. We went to a different Walgreens this evening and it took over 45 minutes. Their sign says "Passport pictures ready in minutes." I'd like to know what "minutes" really means. I suppose the worker's interpretation of the word "minutes" is different from mine; I guess it's all relative?! Anyway, at least we are golden to send off our applications to the Thai Embassy in Chicago now. Pray that everything would go smoothly and that our visas would get processed quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment