Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kisses


Yesterday was Memorial Day. We really have never done too much on this day, except spend it having a BBQ with friends and family. I saw these other pictures from another blog and thought it appropriate to link you to see them: click here to see these pictures.

Picture four affected me the most in that those two men fought in the Korean War. I remember going to Memorial Day parades when I was really little and when they would announce that a specific group of people walking in the parade fought in the Korean War, I would blow kisses to all of them. Somehow I just felt like I was connected to them, even for just a brief moment, simply because I could potentially not be here today if they had not fought?! Isn't it odd to think of how life could simply go one way or another and you could possibly not be in existence? Amazing.

Praise God for those soldiers that have defended, fought, [and died] for the principles of freedom, liberty and justice. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment