Thursday, May 14, 2009

A slice of heaven

In lieu of trying new things... I baked my first pie--strawberry rhubarb to be exact. Quite frankly, I was a bit apprehensive to do so, because I knew that if I ever made a pie, I would probably want to make a homemade crust. After all, the crust is the whole reason that I even eat pie. However, the thought of making my own crust was scary to me, so I debated with myself in the grocery store as I eyed the pre-made crusts in the aisle. But the thought of a sweet, delectable, fall apart in your mouth, buttery crust was too much for this little heart to handle though, so I did make my own. And it turned out amazing. I would definitely make another one in the near future (or at least when I work off all the calories from eating a few slices from the first pie). YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment