Thursday, May 14, 2009

Book club

I received an e-mail the other day about joining the ICS ladies book club. I am sure that the year will prove to be busy, especially the first few months, but I am excited for the opportunity to meet with other ICS teachers and wives for fellowship and to just simply get connected/plugged in. Aside from that, I'm excited to potentially be a part of a book club! I have always wanted to be part of one, but just never really did anything about it. Opportunities keep presenting themselves. Funny that it takes going half way around the world for me to do simple things like run a race or join a book club. :) Anyway, at the end of each month, the women get together at a Japanese restaurant to discuss the book, eat a delicious meal, and just get to know each other. Sounds lovely to me.

Here's the book list for the year:

August: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

September: Walking from East to West by Ravi Zacharias

October: Three Cups of Tea by George Mortenson & David Oliver Relin

November: How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill

January: The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

February: Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne

March: No Way Out by Chart Korbjitti

April: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

No comments:

Post a Comment