Monday, May 25, 2009

Friends

I always wonder how you make a friend. It just sort of -POOF- happens and neither person really remembers how it started. I'm thankful for friends and how they encourage, admonish, lift up and love you through thick and thin. We have been blessed with dear friends. We are so thankful for their friendships and their support these over the years. It certainly will be hard to leave, knowing that we won't be able to spend time and fellowship with them for at least the next two years...

However, we know that God has some amazing plans for us and that he is going to raise up and provide new friendships, a new church family and a new support system in Thailand. I think that the process of moving [to another country] can really stir up a lot of fears, yet God has calmed so many of my fears by quietly whispering, "Don't worry. Just trust me." So I have, and he has provided such peace.

And in the meantime, he has -POOF- provided a new friend; he knew what my heart needed. I have been e-mailing back and forth with KM, the teacher who previously sent me an e-mail about running a 10K or 1/2 marathon. We have many common interests and have enjoyed corresponding. It's comforting to know that there's a friend waiting for me on the other side of the world when I get there. God is good at making the world feel small by simply connecting us by the same faith.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am so glad you already have a friend in Thailand. God is our "loving" heavenly Father, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete