Saturday, April 25, 2009

Singin' in the rain

We just got home from going to LHS/CAB's spring musical, Singing in the Rain. It was simply delightful and wonderfully amazing. I have always been blown away by the talent that they have at such a small school, and just in awe of some of my former students and their ridiculously awesome singing/dancing/acting abilities (like AS, EJ, & SB). I have been to several of their musical productions/plays (they do 2 a year) and each time, I am fully impressed beyond measure. This year was no exception! The singing was wonderful, the tap-dancing to die for, the kids fit their characters to the "T" and they really just seemed to enjoy themselves. However, this play was bittersweet with it being their last production since the school is closing after this year (and then opening again in a different location and under a new name, which is a whole different story in itself...).

We sadly say our goodbyes to the school, but will always remember the ministry and impact that LHS/CAB has had on each of us. It was my first teaching job. I don't think I would have ever gone into teaching and decided to get my license and masters degree had I not taken a part-time position at the school when they most needed a Spanish teacher. It was also Mike's first non-homeschool school environment as well. I don't think he would have become a teacher either had he not spent 3 years at LHS. It's hard to see a place that Mike graduated from, a place that I taught at, and a school that has been "home" for many of my former, yet beloved students, end it's journey in a certain way, but we are confident that the new school will be a new beacon of light in this world.

I feel like this musical, Singing in the Rain, was the one to end on. Despite the difficult circumstances of knowing the school was going to be closing at the end of this year. Despite the uncertainty of whether the new school would be an option or not, and what students were going to do/go... they are still keeping their head up and singin' in the rain.

May we all have that attitude, knowing that Christ brings us through trials to refine us, to burn off the dross, and to teach us to trust him, rely on him, and abide in him. And despite the rain, we learn to keep singing glories to our king on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment