Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fit for a king

Well, as I blogged about earlier, we will be living out of two studio apartments that are connected by a door (similar to two connected hotel rooms). We are still a little unsure of what it will be like, but that is okay; we are ready for an adventure and adapting to many new changes! One of the new changes that we will experience will be going from sleeping in a full size bed, to sleeping in a king size bed. Yes, those tiny studio apartments have king size beds... so we will have TWO of them! We bought two sets of king size sheets the other week, since that is on the list of suggested things to bring. Apparently, fitted sheets are hard to find there. Anyway, yet another reason to perhaps ship some things to Thailand... those things are kind of heavy! I know, I know, sheets. Sheets! I bet you're thinking, "Sheets aren't heavy!" Well, king size ones are. I think we got the ones that are made out of the heaviest cotton possible too. ;) jk. In all seriousness though, bringing 2 sets of sheets means less space for my eight precious books, a few teaching books/materials, my baseball glove, clothes... and a belt.

Yes, a belt. The other night Mike was talking about some of the things he is kind of on the fence about bringing to Thailand because he knows that he would easily be able to buy it there. So... top on the list was a belt. I don't know if anyone else finds this particularly funny, but I did. Seriously, a belt is like "yea big" and he's probably just going to be wearing it on the airplane ride anyway. My hubby cracks me up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment