Friday, April 3, 2009

Dirty, scummy, nasty

I learned a new trick and it really works well! For all those dirty, scummy, nasty tile and bathtubs out there that are covered in soap scum (like mine was <-- notice the usage of the past tense), give them a little wipe/rub down with a used dryer sheet. My mother-in-law, CA, informed me of this new little trick. I didn't really believe her at first, but then tried it on my own today-- and it worked wonders! I don't think my tub has ever been cleaner! 

Speaking of dirty, scummy and nasty... that was totally my mood this morning. This morning I realized that I broke our external harddrive for our computers. My heart sank as I thought about all the pictures, teaching files, and music that we lost. Mike and I are very much about "restitution" and so my next thought was how to make it right. I talked/cried to Mike in the afternoon about the problem and how I was going to "fix" it.  Mike always is so gracious and loving towards me... he consistently is Jesus' hands and feet to me, even in challenging times. Instead of being upset this afternoon, he quietly and lovingly calmed me down, encouraged me, uplifted me, and pointed me back to the cross. 

All of today's events reminded me of our loving Savior. How he quietly and lovingly cares for us and embraces us, encourages us, uplifts us, and points us back to the cross... no matter how dirty, scummy, and nasty sinful we are. And when we trust in him, we will never be cleaner, because he works wonders in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment