Monday, April 27, 2009

Biggest loser


This has nothing to do with Thailand, except for the fact that I've decided that I need to shed a few pounds that accumulated over the winter before we go. I'm tired of my skirts (the ones I want to bring to Thailand) not quite fitting the way I want... or at least the way they did 2 years ago. Funny how I feel like my metabolism hit a brick wall once I turned 25-26 and it decided to slow down to the point where I don't feel like I can eat everything that I want to anymore without having to work ridiculously hard to shed it.

Anyway, today I felt like a contestant on the biggest loser. I took this weight training class at the YMCA called BodyPump. It was ridiculous...ridiculously HARD. I thought my biceps and my triceps were literally going to fall off. I just imagined Jillian yelling at me and saying, "C'mon! Don't quit! Get that barbell off your chest... you are not done! This is not time to rest! Squat lower! Get that knee to the ground and make it count!"

This hour long class has my arms, legs, and abs feeling like complete goo. It's great for me to have a class/instructor that holds me accountable to actually continuing even when I feel like my muscles just can't go on. That's what I need because if I just lift on my own, I wimp out when I start to feel that uncomfortable burn and don't do as many reps as I should/could.

Now I just need to be held accountable to go to this class again on Wednesday. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Karly, that's so awesome! I've lost almost 40lbs since we moved eating better and working out. You can definitely do it! -Emily Gehrke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Em!

    ReplyDelete