Thursday, March 26, 2009

White as snow

I am crabby at Hamline. I submitted my final paper to them in the very beginning of December (according to the very specific deadline) and anticipated receiving my diploma by the end of February at the very latest. Hamline only orders diplomas 3 times a year. Therefore, my diploma wasn't even ordered until the end of February. It doesn't come in until the end of March, and then I can't pick it up until the beginning of April (which is when I need to send all of the documents to Thailand). However, I had to contact 4 different people to find out all of this information. Nobody really knew what was going on.

I'm crabby because I am being selfish and prideful and just want to be able to check things off my "to-do" list and be done with it. I want things to be done in a manner that I think is efficient and I want things done on "my time." This is definitely an area of sin that I battle every single day... whether I'm the teacher, the wife, the co-worker, or the friend. I have to be deliberate in thinking that the most efficient way isn't always the best way, and that sometimes I just need to slow down and not worry so much about checking things off my list. I also need to be intentional in realizing that other people have more important things to do. It's so easy to be so selfish and self-centered in today's society. God is trying to get through to me and teach me some important lessons during these times though (like patience and selflessness), I just need to slow down, listen and learn.

Sin sure is ugly. Praise God we have a Savior who makes us white as snow.

1 comment:

  1. karly,
    what a great post!!! this is so true!!! i just read philippians 2 yesterday and was so convicted about the same thing. i am not a patient person and tend to think everything is about me... isn't it good He is patient with us!?!! this is the passage that especially hit me:

    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

    5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

    ReplyDelete