Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Frozen doors, karate kicks, body slams, and drained batteries


What do they all have in common, you ask? Well... with the nasty storm that we got on Thursday afternoon/evening, the driver's side door of my little car got frozen shut. I didn't realize this until Sunday though. On Sunday morning, I made a quick trip to the grocery store before church. However, my car door was frozen shut and I was to the point of yanking off the handle of the door, so I crawled through the car from the passenger's side door instead. In an attempt to open the driver's side door, I slammed my body against the door a few times from the inside while holding handle open. That didn't work, so I kicked it a few times too. With no such luck, I made my way to the grocery store, did my thing, and crawled in and out of my car through the opposite door. I made one more last ditch effort to open the door when I got home, which only resulted in a stinging shoulder, so I stopped. This afternoon I headed out to teach my ESL class, only to find that the driver's side door was slightly ajar and that my car wouldn't start since the dome light had been on since the previous morning. I had to call my father-in-law, DA, to come jump my car as my battery was completely drained. Thankfully, my in-laws only live 10 minutes away so it wasn't too out of the way to rescue me. And trust me, this isn't the first time that DA has had to bail me out...

I am looking forward to no snow, no ice and no car in Thailand. Asking DA to come rescue me in another car predicament in Thailand sure would be expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment