Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tropical heat wave...or not

This afternoon as we drove home from school, I glanced at the car's temperature gauge and it read 70 degrees. Now, I admit that the gauge is probably a little off, as I don't think it was really supposed to get THAT warm today, but none-the-less, it was a wonderfully warm day after too long of a winter. I mentioned the 70 degree temperature to Mike, who quickly responded with, "That's about the coldest it will be in Thailand!" Needless to say, that put big grins on our face. Bring on the tropical, warm, humid weather! That's certainly easy to say after finally seeing the end of yet another Minnesota winter. I think the only thing that got us through living in MN these last couple of years was banking on the idea that one day we would eventually be teaching in a (cross your fingers) warmer climate.

I love the MN spring, summer, and fall, but could definitely do without the winter. It ruins the outdoor running season, brings a wealth of frozen shut doors (see post from February post titled karate kicks, body slams and dead batteries...), broken snow scrapers, frozen appendages, bulky sweaters that you can't move around in, and slippery roads that result in bad drivers, bad accidents, and bad traffic. Maybe... just maybe I'll miss it once it is gone. But for now, good riddance. MN winter, you are dead to me. So while I am enjoying this MN "heat wave," I am rejoicing knowing that it's actually not a heat wave in Thailand. In fact... it's their "cool season..." LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment