Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why I Hate to Wait #3

According to the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator, I am an ISFJ.
  • I am an (I) introvert; time to myself is high on my priorities, I recharge by myself. When I am around people, I prefer a few close friends instead of many acquaintances. 
  • I am (S) sensing. Other personality tests would say that I am a "concrete-sequential." The abstract is difficult for me, and I have a hard time seeing the big picture since I am usually so focused on the details.  
  • I am a (F) feeler. I think with my heart instead of my head, which often time defies logic.
  • I am (J) judging. I know that sounds bad... but it means I like predictability. Change is hard, the unknown is hard... I like schedules because I like to know what to expect.
My friend tagged me on FB on the below grid; I found it rather humorous. Despite being an ISFJ,  I will admit, that I definitely identify with the comments for ISTJ, INFJ, INTJ, INTP ESFJ, and ESTJ. {sigh}


I find that the INTP, "Lord, help me be less independent, but let me do it my way" probably best describes what my life has been like recently. God is teaching me to trust in Him, to find my strength in Him, to let Him have His way in me, and to give over the control that I had that I thought I had.

It's a daily battle, but I choose joy. Joy in knowing that God's plans are infinitely greater than mine, and joy in knowing that the journey from Point A to Point B has a purpose. I choose faith. I choose to walk in faith, trusting and believing that even though waiting on God is hard and sometime hurts, that God is up to something ridiculously good... I just don't see the whole picture yet (since I'm an ISFJ and focus on the details so I can't see the whole picture) :)

What Meyers-Briggs Type are you? What is God teaching you? How do you deal with the testing of your faith?

Praying, dear reader, that you choose joy and faith, even when it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. I'm ISFJ too! Doing a lot of waiting on the Lord here too and spending a lot of time in Psalms helps. Reminding myself of all the ways that He has been faithful helps too. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete