Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Utter excitement

Guess what we purchased?! A 3 in 1 microwave, grill, aaaaand... oven! I caved quickly...I just can't even tell you how excited I am for homemade cookies, yummy meatballs with sauce, popcorn, and just being able to re-heat my food quickly.

We hit a brick wall last week with food... nothing sounded good except for comfort foods. All I wanted was spaghetti or a good old ham sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, and cheese. Mike has been craving pizza and hamburgers with good french fries. We were actually quite surprised at how quickly we got burned out on Thai food. Fortunately, the school serves both American style and Thai food, so we have the choice throughout the week. We have tasted both the Thai and American style cafeteria food, and both are quite excellent; we're practically amazed that school food can taste so good!

Anyway, off to try my new micro-gri-ven. :)

3 comments:

  1. Cool!

    ~a friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to rub it in, but today after church, I thought of you as we stopped by the store to pick up roast beef and honey ham for our sandwiches. I would really miss those things too if I didn't have them. Thanks for making me more thankful for my lowly yet delicious sandwich. What else have you had the joy to make on your micro-gri-ven?

    Much love,
    Ann (as in Erickson)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Happy cooking! Oh, how I have wanted to go to Fudruckers with you two...a good juice burger sounds good to me too (thanks to Jason :))!Miss you guys and think of you often (especially connected with food- :). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete