Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sweet freedom

We survived our first week of school. Mike didn't get too frustrated with the rambunctious K4 class and I didn't get eaten alive by the OC-rowdy 9th graders. Thankfully, and I say thankfully because we really didn't feel ready for our wonderful summer (and freedom) to be over the school year to start, we only had a 4-day week. Wednesday was the Queen's birthday...AKA: Mother's Day in Thailand. It was nice to sleep in past 6 AM and have a relaxing day.

We ventured off campus with some friends and went to Khaosan Road. This area is full of backpackers traveling through... it was a bit shocking to actually be around soooo many "farangs," after having spent 2 days teaching at a school where practically all you see is black hair and dark brown eyes. (I think I have about 5 students out of 80 that are Caucasian).

Anyway, it was a great day. We traveled by taxi, sky-train and water taxi all in one day! We ate at a great Indian restaurant, went to a place for some great tea/smoothies while playing a few mad games of Jenga (with our own rules), walked along Khaosan Rd., got slightly lost, and wandered around the most amazing hotel that I have ever seen.

Here are some pictures from our day: ** If for some reason the slide show is a little screwy, refresh your computer page, and that should do the trick...



Oh, and Cathy... if you're wondering, that Oriental Ferry picture of Holly and me... that was taken just for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Great pics! And what nice friends you have. Hehe. I stole a couple of your group pics and put them on my slideshow, so thanks!! I wanted people to believe I really DO have friends here! :)

    ReplyDelete