Friday, June 5, 2009

Love bug

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary! It is hard to believe that 4 years have already come and gone! This afternoon while we enjoyed the most savory lunch ever, we discussed the highs and lows of being married. We both agreed that the hardest part of being married is being selfless. It is difficult to give up the things that you want to do or even do the things you don't want to do... a spouse changes everything. But it is all worth it to have that best friend, confidant, and someone to love.

A few things that I particularly appreciate and love about Mike include (in no particular order):
1. How patient and gentle he is with others and me.
2. How he is passionate about teaching and loves being around kids.
3. How he can be serious, but spontaneously goofy too.
4. How sincerely and deeply he loves me, and how he expresses this love to me each day.

Thanks for four wonderful years, Mikey! I am looking forward to many more.

So for our anniversary lunch we decided to go to an authentic Brazilian restaurant that one of my Brazilian ESL students told me about. One word: AMAZING! They had the nicest and most colorful salad bar that I have ever seen in my life, the different types of meat we tried fell apart in your mouth, the service was ridiculously awesome, and then at the end they asked us if we were there for a special occasion and upon finding out it was our anniversary, they gave us free dessert.


We tried some tropical ginger ale too, it was really good.

They come out with all these different types of meat on swords, and then cut off as much for you as you want.

For a meat and potatoes kind of guy, this was the place to go!

Garlic mashed potatoes, fried plantanes, and fried polenta.

Strawberry Cheesecake

2 comments: