Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top 20

Q&A: Top questions I've/we've been getting:
1. How are you feeling?  Fantastic! Just really really tired and ravenously hungry. :)
2. Do you have really bad morning sickness since you have 2X the hormones? Nope... feeling super blessed as I only felt seriously nauseous for about 4-5 weeks. The most "annoying" symptom of pregnancy for me has been how stuffy my nose is!
3. Do twins run in your family? No twins in Mike's family Just found out that there are twins in Mike's family! And since I'm adopted, we don't know about mine.
4. Twins... are you happy about that? Ecstatic. You can't beat a built-in best friend & playmate!
5. Are you having weird cravings? Not particularly. Corn on the cob, Mexican food and bacon always sound good though (not together). I do admit to making quesadillas and blueberry pancakes in the wee hours of the morning, and drinking about a quart of milk a day though.
6. Are you still going to stay in Thailand? Yes. We'll be here for at least another 2 years. We don't know beyond that as of now though... wherever God wants us.
7. Will you continue teaching? Nope. This is my last year teaching for a while. Mike will continue to teach at ICS though. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to stay at hope with the wee ones and get to know some of the other moms in the community better! We have such a great and supportive community here with so many great friends!
8. Do you know if they are fraternal/identical? Nope. I thought they were fraternal since they are separated by a membrane, but identical ones can be separated by a membrane too. I guess we'll find out later!
9. Do you know their sexes? Nope. If they aren't crossing their legs, we'll hopefully find out in June. We'll keep you updated. :)
10. Have you picked out names? Yep. We're 100% decided on 2 boys and 2 girls names (and middle names)... but we're not sharing (yet). :)
11. When is your actual due date? Everything goes out the window with multiples (they generally come a few weeks earlier--37 weeks is considered full term with twins), so it doesn't really matter anyway, I suppose. They could be born anytime in late September or October. We're hoping that they're born in October... obviously the later they are born, the more time they've had to develop.
12. What can I do to help you? For now, pray for a healthy & uncomplicated pregnancy. When I get closer to beached-whale status, I'm sure I'll have some other suggestions. :)
13. Are you showing? Yep... especially since there are twinks in there.
14. Do your students know? How did they react? My high schoolers are super excited, but bummed that I won't be teaching next year (and jealous that I'm CONSTANTLY eating during class). Many of Mike's students didn't even know he was married. Haha!
15. Do you think it will be boys/girls/boy & girl?/What do you hope they will be? We've already placed our bets. Mike thinks it will be 2 boys (he grew up in a family of 4 boys, and has a nephew). I think it will be 1 boy and 1 girl. What we hope? Hmmm... I don't think we really care. It's fun to think about having 1 of each, but I think twins maybe have a closer relationship (but maybe more competitive too) if they are the same sex. Anyway, it's not like it's up to us anyway to decide. :)
16. What was your reaction when you found out it was twins?  100% delight, smiles & maybe a little bit of squealing & excited hand clapping. (Okay, the squealing and hand clapping was more me than Mike... he's not really the squealing and hand clapping type, you know?)
17. Are you going to miss teaching? Absolutely (just not the grading aspect of it). But the thought of staying home with two wee ones and watching them grow and learn is SO exciting to me!
18. Do you feel them kick yet? I think I maybe feel flutters now, but I'm a newbie at this, so who knows.
19. Do have room for them in your current apartment, or will you have to move? We have room, especially when they're little and immobile. We even have bunk beds... which we scoffed at thought were so charming when we first moved in... perhaps  it was foreshadowing things to come.
20. Will you still be visiting MN this summer? That's our hope. We've gotten the initial approval from our doctor, but will have to get a second approval from him the day before we are scheduled to leave. It obviously depends on the health/condition of the wee ones & me. But yes, it's technically still safe for me to fly with the twinks in June and early July.

6 comments:

  1. Great way to cover all of your bases, Karly! That doctor better let you fly! We're so anxious to see all 4 of you!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you guys!!! What a HUGE blessing and I love to hear your attitude of excitement. So much grace is evident in that already. Love, the Eikums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beki! We're so thrilled and excited for their arrival this fall! Looking forward to seeing you and meeting sweet little Gwen!! I hope she still roars like a lion by the time we get home; I really want to hear that... :)

      Delete
  3. I have to see you guys when you are in MN! Please!?! :) I'm SO excited for you two and your kids are going to be/are SO blessed to have such good parents.

    Madie M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddie!! We're sure hoping to be able to see some TLO people this summer!

      Delete