Sunday, May 13, 2012

Growth

I'm getting harassed for pictures, so here we are... all 3 of us.
My students always ask me, "Mrs. Karly, how are your babies?" My response is always, "Well, I'm growing, so they're growing!" And it's true... I am certainly looking a little bit more pregnant these days, which is kind of fun because it makes it seem a little bit more real to Mike and me. I'm also starting to feel more consistent flutters and tiny punches/kicks that feel like a gentle flick.

One student asked me the other day, "If your babies are only this big [holding up two fingers about  4-5 inches apart], then how come you're so big?!" I had to explain to her that not only are there two, but liquid that they are swimming in, and my body is also storing up fat reserves too for when they squish me so much that it will be hard to eat. However, later, I had a Thai co-worker tell me, "You don't even look pregnant... you're not even showing!"

Well, showing or not, I'm definitely eating like crazy (I've completely ruined our food budget) and gaining weight like a champ. I'm starting to really feel the effects of that weight gain, as well as increased blood volume, which has definitely started slowing me down more and force me to sit a lot to alleviate the pressure from my feet. My students have been so gracious, helpful & sweet during this time of transition, which has made it all the more easier.

All is going well though; I really feel quite fantastic. We are still so in awe of God's goodness to us and how He has so lavishly blessed us!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photo! You look beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! Yay!! You look great!! Seriously one of the prettiest preggos I've seen. Happy Mommy Day to you, sweet friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the picture, Karly! You really are looking pregnant! Yeah!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just heard the news from my sister! So completely excited for you both! What a blessing! You will love the babies wonderfully! And it seems like you are enjoying everything so far! It really does go by fast in the whole scheme of life so keep enjoying it! No running for you young lady...I did my first half marathon 2 weeks ago. I haven't run since. Give our greetings to Mike! Again congrats and enjoy!

    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! Such a cute little pregnant lady. :) Just wait until you get in the 32-40 week range and those "gentle flicks" turn into a painful jab in the rib cage! When I was pregnant with Shannan, she was bound determined to keep one foot buried in my ribs for the last couple weeks, and it hurt! This baby is a bit kinder, but she's also got quite the jab. I love them both and the pain is totally worth it! Still, it turns your happy smile to a temporary grimace when those sharp jabs come!

    ReplyDelete