Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A politics man

I love ESL students because they grapple with language like none other.

I love ESL students because they say the greatest things as they are lacking the vocabulary.

I love ESL students because they make good stories for my blog. :)



Remember THIS POST?   Well, that same student that wanted some understandings had a lot to say about Cuba after school today...

Student: I was wondering if they will ever do a telehistoria in Cuba.

Me: I don’t know!?

Student: Hmmm… I don’t know either. Do you think communism will ever end in Cuba? Cuz if it doesn’t, then we’ll never get a telehistoria from Cuba. I mean, how can they film in Cuba if it’s communism?

Me: If it’s communist? I don’t know that either. I suppose communism in Cuba could come to an end if with different leaders. I guess that means we need to pray for the right leader. I’m not really big into politics though, so I don’t really understand the whole situation.

Student: I am into politics. I want to be a politics man.

Me: You want to be a politician?

Student: Oh yeah, a politician. But I don’t want to be a communism.

No comments:

Post a Comment