Sunday, May 23, 2010

I love it when...

...a wonderful song just POPS into my head and encourages and speaks truth to me. Last night, as I was brushing my teeth and getting ready to go to bed, "It is well with my soul" came to mind. As I snuggled into bed, the song was practically on repeat in my head. As I thought about all that has happened in Thailand in just the past week, the first two verses kept playing over and over again in my head:

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul."

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul."


Then, this morning I woke up with "The Solid Rock" in my head, which echoes the same message. The first three verses encouraged my heart this morning:

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay."

Praise God that in the midst of trials and sorrow, when we feel overwhelmed and when everything around us seems to have fallen apart, and in the midst of happiness and joy, when every moment seems so precious and sweet, we can proclaim that it is well with our soul if our hope and trust is in Him. I pray that your hope is built on nothing less.

“The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” Matthew 7:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment