Sunday, November 22, 2009

Right where I belong...

I kind of was mourning the loss of my free time this afternoon, as I trudged over to school to work on a few last minute lesson ideas and get my lesson plans on the board for my kids. After being home from school for an entire week due to illness, my routine of things has been slightly thrown off. Despite being quite sick and sleeping off a fever all week, I have to admit that I enjoyed my time at home with a very unstructured day... correcting a few papers here and there while simultaneously watching a movie, reading a good book, spending more time in prayer and reading my Bible, sleeping in, staying in my pj's until mid-morning, etc. My day was mine. So I had a mini-funeral in my mind this afternoon, wishing that my time wasn't quite over, as I thought about the crazy "crunch time" that we have now entered at school since semester finals are only 12 teaching days away...

But by God's amazing grace, I got to school and I felt relieved and eager.
Relieved and eager to:
...get back to my normal routine
...have the opportunity to teach some amazing students
...have a job when other's have been struggling to find work
...organize and plan lesson plans/activities
...correct papers and see how much progress my students are making
...punch in grades and see how my students are doing overall
...interact with people instead of be quarantined to my apartment
...laugh and act ridiculous with my students
...be challenged to give my day over to God
...bless and be blessed by others

God is good. I am sure that there will be a season in my life when I stay at home with a small child or two for a little while; but I am going to find joy and contentment in the season that I am in now, because I know that when I am at school, I am not only right where God wants me, but I'm right where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment