Friday, February 4, 2011

Precious friends

Do you ever have those days where Satan whispers in your ear, “You’re worthless…your ministry is ineffective… you are terrible at what you do… you should just quit.”? Yesterday was one of those days for me. Despite being bombarded with so many positive voices, I listened to the one negative one and suddenly found my identity in it. I was swirling around in wallow-land because of one parent’s idea of me and I suddenly lost sight of my purpose.
I am so grateful for precious friends that speak truth into my life and who are able to encourage my burdened heart when I start believing and finding my identity in ridiculous things. My sweet friend, Holly, gave me a note of encouragement with 1 Corinthians 15:58 in it: “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” I think I read that verse about 15 times throughout the day (and may or may not have gotten teary eyed 10 out of the 15 times I read it...)
Praying that you, my dear reader, find your identity in Christ alone... and that you have dear dear friends to encourage you and speak truth to you at all times, but especially when you can't do it yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! I had weeks (perhaps even months?) of this without even realizing it until the beginning of January when I began IMMERSING myself in God's Word. I'm thankful you were encouraged. And thankful that God loves us more than we can imagine. I'm learning to rest in that.

    ReplyDelete