Monday, February 7, 2011

For all you cribbage lovers...

I started out 34 points behind Mike in this hand, and 44 points away from winning. My only goal: not get skunked (or spanked, as we like to say), which meant pegging 13 points, or hoping that Mike wouldn't  get the 10 points he needed to finish the game off. Needless to say, a near impossible feat...

It was my crib and I had kept a K, 5, 5, 5 in my hand... 14 points.
Mike had: K, K, K & 5... 12 points


Pegging round 1
Mike: K
Karly: 5 (for 2)
Mike: 5 (for 2)
Karly: 5 (for 6)
Mike: can't go
Karly: (for 12 & a go for 1)


Pegging round 2:
Mike: K
Karly: K (for 2)
Mike: K (for 6 & a go for 1)

This put Mike "in the stink hole" (last peg hole before winning). He got to count first (he won since he had 12 points in his hand), but I didn't get skunked! I unbelievably pegged 23 points!!! We played out the rest of the hand just to see how I did...

Pegging: 23 points
Hand: 14 points
Crib: 6 points
I finished in "the stink hole"after we played the rest of my hand out. :)

Needless to say, I gave Mike a bit of a run for his money. Now if only that hand had come earlier in the game...

1 comment: