Saturday, February 5, 2011

Homesick

After an eventful week and looking through a dear friend's pictures on FB of her growing baby boy and the orchard last fall, I was suddenly feeling rather homesick. This morning I woke up at 6:30 to go on a little run to the park with some girlfriends, and then pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables after our run. The fruit vendor that I went to last Saturday morning was selling, of all things, HONEYCRISP apples. Honeycrisp apples, people!!! Those apples are bred in MN at the U of M! And not only that, but they are my favorite kind of apple. They unfortunately were not in season when we were home this summer either, so we haven't had them since the fall/winter of 2008/2009. What a surprise to be able to find them this morning! It was a good reminder to me of God's provision and faithfulness. It felt like He was saying, "Yeah... I know you're homesick. I know you feel like you're missing out on seeing & doing these things in MN, but I can bring MN to you! I will care for you!" So I happily bought some honeycrisp apples and then had a fun and encouraging conversation with said precious friend who has a beautiful baby boy. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. When God blesses in the little things, I am esp. humbled! I'm so glad He did that after your week!! I am still waiting to get together with Anna and to hold that little boy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to see God's kindness to you in such a personal way!! I felt God's kindness in getting to talk with you, dear friend, for 3 and a half hours!!! Jason still can't get over it! :) Love you girl!
    ps. could you email me the pics taken on this day?
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete