Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gold star for you!

So for Xmas, my generous parents and grandma got me an amazing gift that is any scrapbooker's/card maker's dream: The Cricut. It's a personal cutting machine that can do... well, pretty much anything and everything. It's freaking awesome. I haven't even played around with it that much and I still think it's freaking awesome.

I've made a couple of cards with it, but my first little "project" was a gift for my AP Spanish students. We have joked about "Estrellas de Oro" (Gold Stars) in class since the beginning of the year. It's usually used as "punishment" when a student doesn't speak in Spanish, and so another student will usually say (in Spanish) "Give me a gold star, " while holding out their hand for the imaginary star and tskking them for reverting to English. So I decided to make my class of 3 girls a box full of gold stars.




Yes, one of my student's nicknames is Twinkle. Have I ever blogged about nicknames here? I don't think I have. I will have to save that for another post...

1 comment:

  1. Cute little boxes! I've made stars with my cricut too! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete