Thursday, December 9, 2010

I wanna be your partner...

It's no secret that I talk in my sleep quite frequently. The first time that I was heard talking in my sleep, I said, "DON'T PETER!!" (Peter is one of my older brothers, whom I adore, but we definitely irritated each other a lot growing up). During a family ski trip when we staying in a hotel, my mom once witnessed me sit up in bed and say, "SHHHHH!!! BE QUIET!" and "WHERE'S THE CHAIRLIFT?!"
My dreams and even what I say in my sleep often offers insight into my real life... like wanting my brother to quit pestering me, needing to know where the chairlift was so that I wasn't lost, and wanting silence, so it was no surprise that I told Mike that I wanted him to be my psychology partner in a recent dream...

I dreamed that I was a college student again taking a psychology class that dealt with human behavior & morals. Mike was in my class, but we weren't married or even friends for that matter, but in my dream I still new everything about him that I do now. So I knew that he had an affinity for board games... and that I didn't. :) Anyway, we were given the assignment of creating a board game that caused moral dilemmas and recorded the game player's behavior (or something like that), which sounded like a wretched assignment to me. So I turned to Mike and said (in my dream and aloud), "I wanna be your partner because I don't want to have to do any work." Mike happened to be awake at that moment and knowing that sometimes he can get me to answer questions or repeat what I've said, asked, "What did you say?" So I calmly repeated, "I wanna be your partner because I don't want to have to do any work." Mike's response was, "Okay." To which I apparently replied, "Okay, thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment