Thursday, October 7, 2010

Warning

The other night I dreamed that I was teaching middle school Spanish. They were being so ridiculously destructive, mean & ill-mannered that I marched to the principal’s office and told him, “I quit!” It didn’t matter that it was the middle of class or the middle of the school day, I clearly had had enough. I woke up feeling very tired… not just sleepy tired, but physically exhausted after disciplining to no avail in my dream. I went to school, wondering if it was a foretaste of things to come, and dreaded seeing my students. I actually felt a little hopeless as I watched them walk through the door and look expectantly at me. To my relief, they were [their usual] angels for me. I spent the rest of the day being very grateful for my sweet students. I even had one student ask me, "Mrs. Karly, why are you just staring at us and smiling?" It was a great opportunity for me to let them know how grateful I am for them and the fact that they aren't middle schoolers.I guess my dream wasn't a glimpse of what my day would look like; but rather, a warning to never go back to teaching middle school... sorry, Stephen. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment