Thursday, April 1, 2010

Personal day

Me: I won't be here tomorrow, so I need you to make sure that you understand the project and what I'm asking of you. You want to have a productive work day tomorrow when I'm gone, so if you have any questions, today is the day to ask. Any questions so far?

Student: Why won't you be here tomorrow?

Me: Well... I kind of need a vacation day from you guys.

Student: [laughing] Oh man, you deserve it Mrs. Karly... we are quite the handful.

Me: Yes you are.


So what do the Mr. and I have lined up on our day off together??
1. The spa for a massage and whatever else tickles my fancy
2. Lunch at a yummy restaurant called, "Crepes and Company"
3. Starbucks
4. Games (I have to get my 5 hours in to be able to eat at my favorite restaurant... click HERE to see why!)
5. Shopping for our trip to Nepal... 9 days away!!
6. Listening to a Good Friday sermon from our home church and reflecting on the cross
7. Whatever else we have time for, since you know we could spend all day at the coffee shop whilst reading, listening to Pastor R., playing games, and eating/drinking yummy treats. :)

Looking forward to sleeping in and having a relaxing, yet reflective and meaningful day with the hubster!!

3 comments:

  1. As I read this, your day is almost over. I hope it was a good as you anticipated! Did you get to your favorite restaurant? Then Mike had a good day too (5 hours...).

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... no, i didn't get to go to my favorite restaurant. we ate a late (but huge...had to waddle out) lunch at the crepes restaurant, so dinner wasn't a high priority, and you need to be really hungry to go to my favorite restaurant. mike was a happy man though, i played games today for 2.5 hours at starbucks. yay me. half way there. :) we did share a meal for dinner from outback steakhouse, which was quite delicious... a little taste of home (that didn't quite taste the same, but close). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful day together! Can't wait to see you guys in the states!!!

    ReplyDelete