Friday, October 16, 2009

Birthday Haiku

First Bangkok Birthday
Had a great time with my friends
Ate way too much food

My birthday was great! School was canceled due to flooding, so I even got to sleep in on my birthday! Granted, I only slept in until 7, but who can complain about 40 minutes of extra sleep!? I had a lazy morning doing a little bit of school work, and then went to go watch a movie and eat Tony Roma's ribs with Diana. Holly and I went to go get a massage mid-afternoon, and then a gang of us went out to eat at Sizzler. It was great. Thank you friends for making my 27th birthday special! Here are some pictures from the evening. :)

Holly and me trying to be "extra Asian"

Helen, me, & Kristi W.

Kim, Diana, Joy

The gang at dinner: Jonny, Mike, Joanna, Holly, Kim, Diana, Joy, Karly, Helen, Kristi W., Kristi S., Catherine, Chiara, Heidi, Brad

Karly & Kim

Jonny & Mike

Chiara & Heidi

Kristi S. & Catherine

Joanna & Holly

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very fun day! I'm glad your new friends celebrated "you". A holiday on your birthday is extra special! Thanks for sharing pictures...

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karly,
    Happy belated birthday!!! It's so fun to read your blog and keep up with you two! :)

    God bless!!
    -Kelly and Fernando

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- and on a random thought... any chance you'd want to help with a Flat Stanley project?? I wonder if maybe I scanned Stanley and emailed him if you'd be able to print him and send some pics??? Your students could even write letters to us in Spanish! Email me if you're interested in doing it. ;)
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete