Thursday, January 31, 2013

Confessions:


1.     Sometimes I will take half hour showers when I can because I don’t always know when my next shower will be. I also just like the alone time with no child attached to me.
2.     I love that Owen is older. I think older brothers are cuter than older sisters because a) I grew up with older brothers  b) older sisters have the “reputation” of just being plain bossy and c) older brothers have the “reputation” of being protective of their younger sisters.
3.     I think Owen is a stud
4.     Emma’s small porcelain doll lips, dainty little chin and tiny ballerina feet compared to her massive cheeks, double chin, cankle rolls and huge thighs make me laugh every day.
5.     I love that my little baby boy loves to snuggle and that his tender heart is evident when he cries or pouts when his sister is legitimately crying.
6.     Mike ran an errand the other day and left me home alone with two babies (one of which was sleeping). When he came home, both of them were screaming their heads off and I was just laughing… because really, it was just a ridiculous situation.
7.     I probably take at least 20 pics and 2-3 videos a day of Owen and Emma
8.     I find myself doing the most ridiculous things to get them to laugh.
9.     Sometimes when a child is stirring, I will pray that they will go back to sleep with a paci so I can sleep maybe another half hour… selfish, I know…but for sanity purposes, I promise.
10. There will be times where I don’t step outside all week with all the things that need to be done at home & with their unpredictable nap times.
11. It drives me a little batty when they nap at different times, especially when one goes down the moment the other one is getting up.
12. I am jealous of how long my son’s eyelashes are.
13. I think I would go insane without my wonderful helper, Miss Ning. She is a true gift.  I can’t believe I thought that I would be okay with her coming only 3 hours a day…
14. I feel pinterest pressure to plan this elaborate first birthday party for the twinks.
15. I like to imagine what my children are saying when they talk my ear off with their jibber jabber.
16. Often times I don’t eat lunch until 2pm…  I’m just THAT busy.
17. I think one of the cutest things is when a baby sucks in their sleep (and has no paci or anything)
18.  Post-pregnancy hair loss makes me feel like I’m going to go bald any day.
19. Emma girl has so many layers of neck that I have to powder them so the layers don’t chafe on each other!
20. I crave chocolate cupcakes now that I’m nursing. I eat them in the middle of the night sometimes. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this! It totally made me smile this morning! Shannan and Amberlyn never take naps at the same time. One is always waking up as the other falls asleep. And at 6 1/2 months after Amberlyn's birth, I'm still massively losing hair. My hair is thinner now than it was before I had kids, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these confessions! Love you, too!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) love this!!!!!!! what a sweet blessing these babies are!!!! i can't wait to meet them in person! -kelly

    ReplyDelete