Saturday, July 28, 2012

Quiet

I've dived into the world of felt, and I'm pretty sure I've found my third calling (aside from teaching and card making): quiet book sewing. Now, by no means can I take credit for all of these shenanigans, as I have found many ideas (and patterns) on-line. I have tweaked where I've seen fit and have come up with some of these ideas on my own as I have plunged into this new world of I'm not teaching and I need to occupy myself in these 2 months that I am still baby-less creativity. Here's hoping that I can have at least 7-10 quiet book pages done before Owen and Emma make their appearance.

Page 1:
Circus train, complete with velcro wheels, 3 finger puppets, and puffy steam.



Page 2:
Cooking breakfast, complete with eggs, bacon, toast (and jam), pancakes (with syrup and butter), fruit (that you can cut open/peel), milk & orange juice, frying pan, burner and temperature gauge, utensils.


Page 3 & 4 in progress:
Zipper dinosaur (inside will probably contain dinosaur eggs or baby dinosaurs or something ridiculous)

Felt dress up dolls (yes, that's a MN Twins jersey...)


People have been asking me if I have a sewing machine; I do not. I have been hand sewing everything with embroidery floss, which sure can take a while, but it's been good for my arthritic feeling fingers (a pregnancy-related symptom) and I like the imperfect look that it gives as well.

Anyway, more updates to follow, I'm sure.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have been busy. The food is amazing! So much detail on those pages. Nice work, Karly! If the kids don't appreciate it, your m-i-l does.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AMAZING!!! So impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing amazing work! I am totally impressed as I love working with felt and it doesn't look like that! God has given you specific gifts to bless the people around you and even more so your family! God's blessings during the last few weeks/months!!!!!

    Love, Katie Nash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Karly, I would like to put in an order for one for Annalise! :) You did such a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok...these are ridiculously adorable!!

    ReplyDelete