Sunday, March 13, 2011

It was the fish food!

It's a known fact that I am notorious for talking in my sleep. I weirded out ahem... impressed... my friends on our weekend Khao Yai trip with my speaking abilities & mystery-solving skills.

We went to Chok Chai Farm on Thursday afternoon & Tuan bought some fish food to feed the massive carps in the pond. Later that evening, as we were settling into our room, Tuan reached into his pocket & pulled out an empty plastic bag. He couldn't figure out what the bag was from & made a passing comment about the bag in his pocket. End of conversation. That evening, while the other 4 stayed up to play games,  I conked out.  However, in my sub-conscious, I was somehow able to determine when they were done playing the game because I sat straight up, scowled (in typical Karly fashion), pointed my finger at Tuan & said, "It was the fish food!!" (Referring of course to the mysterious plastic bag in his pocket from earlier in the day). I then proceeded to lay back down in bed and was fast asleep as if nothing had happened. They all immediately knew what I was talking about, but couldn't believe that I was asleep the whole time! Mike asked me, "Karly, are you sleeping?" and I apparently tried very hard to open my eyes & then gave up.

Just call me Sherlock Holmes, mystery solver extraordinaire, who can unravel the most difficult clues even whilst sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are so smart - even in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete