Thursday, August 26, 2010

Brothers

What a difference 6 years can make!

This first picture was taken the week that I first met Pete and Joey. After I graduated from college, I spent the summer working for Youthworks, a youth missions organization that essentially organizes and leads a mission trip for youth groups. Basically the youth director just has to get the kids to the site and help with chaperoning, but the staff members on site do the rest. YW has sites all over the US, Mexico, PR and Canada and I had the privilege of being 1 of the 4 staff members at the New Orleans, Louisiana site. Pete and Joey's church youth group came down to NOLA to serve for a week, and I was blessed to meet them. Little did I know that I would marry their older brother the next summer, but apparently Joey did, since during the course of our week together he told me a) that I should meet his brother Mike and later b) that I should marry his brother Mike! Needless to say, we owe him big time. ;)


This second picture was taken this summer, the day that we left MN to return to Thailand. Isn't it fun that in both pictures we are standing in the same order!? I'm pretty sure that I was poking them in the bellies or squeezing them extra hard to make them laugh/smile.

I am so blessed to call these two awesome dudes my brothers! Love you Pete & Joey!!!

1 comment:

  1. And we are blessed to have YOU in our family!

    ReplyDelete