Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Definitely not me...

So I sent an e-mail to Wisconsin to request a degree and attendance verification letter. I specified all of the requirements (on university letterhead, signed in blue ink, and with the stamp/seal of the school). I gave them my name, my maiden name (and let them know that I attended the university as a Schmidt), the year in which I graduated and the degree that I received. I also indicated that one letter had to be sent to me, and a second letter had to be sent to the school in Thailand.

Just a few days later, I received that letter in the mail. I was happy that they had been so prompt and anxiously opened the letter to make sure that it was right. I opened it up and it said that it was a degree and attendance verification letter for Karin W. Aust, who graduated in 2001 with a Bachelor of Science. Woah... definitely not me! I graduated high school in 2001, but the university in 2004. Oh, and just in case you were wondering, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts, not a Bachelor of Science. I think they must have simply entered "Aust, K" into their computer. It was not signed in blue ink either, which was another problem.

Anyway, I obviously had to e-mail the university and request a new letter. The registrar was extremely apologetic, especially since they had already sent the same letter to Thailand. They sent an e-mail to Thailand explaining the problem and extended their apologies to the school as well. Thankfully, ICS personnel were understanding and the document had not been submitted to the Thai government yet. I wonder what would have happened if it had been submitted? Hopefully the second time is the charm...

No comments:

Post a Comment