Monday, May 13, 2013

Heartache in the midst of happiness

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I spent the day getting lavishly loved on by my husband and playing with my kiddos. It was wonderful. Yet my heart was heavy with grief in so many ways...aching for friends who are single and want to be married and start their own family, those who are walking the road of infertility and possibly undergoing painful procedures, for those (including myself) who have experienced miscarriage and unmet expectation, for friends who have lost their mother, for friends who are waiting and waiting to adopt, for the adopted and adoptees who sometimes hear the question, "But who's your REAL mom?"

 So as I scroll through Facebook and see several pregnancy announcements, pics of people with their own kids or mother... Know that if you are one of those people, you are beyond blessed. So squeeze your mother and your child, but remember to squeeze a friend who might be walking a difficult journey as well.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having similar thoughts yesterday as well, thinking of the babies that we've had to say goodbye to, thinking of my friends who long for children of their own, and thinking of my mother-in-law who passed away almost 7 years ago. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my dear sister. I count myself among your list and feel grateful to be in your thoughts. I'm so happy for you and your joyful life!
    I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete