Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh, the things they do and say...

First graders are so funny. I was fortunate to witness these events, and they honestly just make me belly laugh...

#1. Some parents are talking to Mike in the parking lot as we head home from school in the afternoon. I am waiting... the child is waiting too. Child suddenly rolls up his shorts as far as they possibly can go without seeing his undies and starts grabbing his thigh with his two hands and squeezing... then flexing his thigh and squeezing. It was entertaining to watch and I had to stifle my giggles. However, the best part was when Mike was finishing up his conversation, the child looks up at him, gives his thigh a big squeeze while proclaiming triumphantly, "LOOK at that!"

#2. One afternoon, after finals, I popped by Mike's domain to drop some things off for him. He was just beginning class with one of his first grade classes. Mike introduced me to his class as his wife and the echoing response was, "THAT'S your wife?" One little girl asked if I spoke Thai, which then turned into a guessing game of where I am from & where I was born. When guessing where I was born I got everything from Mexican to Spanish to Hawaiian to Thai. Pretty logical thinking, if you ask me! They were also very confused as to why Mike and I taught at different levels. "But Mr. Mike teaches elementary!" (Translation: you should therefore teach in the elementary because you are married to each other). Mike explained that he wouldn't be a very good Spanish teacher, and I told them that if I were the PE teacher, I would make them run. "We just got done running one lap!" they yelled. "Well, if I were the PE teacher, I'd make you run 20!" I said. {GASPS} all around. I think they were glad to see me leave.

Gullible...
9th grader on the day of the final, before the exam: I forgot my book in my locker. Can I turn it in after the exam?
Me: Minus 50 bazillion points. Guess you'll be failing your final.
9th grader: {look of despair}

Seriously? 50 bazillion points?? You believe me when I say you'll lose 50 bazillion points? I know it's finals, but man... loosen up!

No comments:

Post a Comment