Friday, June 10, 2011

Half Marathon

4 of us ladies rocked the "Hua Hin Heavy Half Marathon" at the end of May. It was quite the feat, as "heavy" indicated ridiculously steep hills for about 1 km. K-dub placed first in under 2 hours (Crazy girl! I swear she's built like a gazelle). Krista trained it up hardcore beforehand and finished in about 2.5 hours (plus she ran about an extra km in the wrong direction and had to turn around!) And Gaby and I stuck together and trotted in at just under 2:45... neither of us did (hardly) any training, which probably was quite unwise, but we accomplished our goal of finishing while simultaneously not dying. I can check a 1/2 marathon off my bucket list now.

Extremely real  fear... what have we just signed ourselves up for?!
The ride up to the top of the massive hill where the half begins
Starbucks reward for finishing, thanks Tuan & Mike
I definitely don't look as tired as I felt... I was just happy to be done.

Yei!! We finished!
Happy to be done... and now, cue the 3-day soreness over SALT trip for Kdub & me, where stairs were our greatest enemy.

Gazelle-girl

Kdub won this massively heavy trophy & a microwave.
Success!
The shirts they gave us were ridiculously ugly... so Gaby and I bought new ones that better represented us. Unfortunately, as it was the end of the year and everyone is busy returning home for the summer, we didn't get a picture of the four of us together in our new shirts, sorry Krista!

OMG, you're hardcore!

No comments:

Post a Comment