Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Re-do

Bad news & good news:

Bad news: After going from -8.00 eyesight, the day after getting Lasik, I had 20-20 vision. Unfortunately, my eyesight has gotten progressively worse and I'm at a -1.25 in one eye and a -.75 in the other. :( This is one of the risks of having Lasik, but I guess I didn't think it would happen so quickly.

I was feeling rather discouraged, as Lasik is quite an investment. The hospital promises to do the procedure again for free within 6 months of your initial Lasik surgery, but it's easy for them to promise that when most people's cornea aren't thick enough to endure another surgery!

Good news: I had my eyes re-tested to see if I could get the procedure done again, and I can! I'll do it in June as soon as school is out so that I'm still within the 6 month time period for the hospital to do it for free.

I'm sad that I have to do it again, as it is a process for the eyes to heal, but I'm thankful that I get a "re-do." Hopefully the second time around it will stick.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that happened. We'll be praying for a successful second surgery!

    ReplyDelete