Friday, June 4, 2010

Five


Today I am celebrating five wonderful years of marriage to my best friend, Mike. These past five years have been so precious and dear to me in more ways than I can possibly explain. God has richly blessed me with a husband that loves me deeply, but who loves the Lord even more. I am grateful for how Mike continually points me back to the beauty of the gospel and speaks truth to me each day. I am thankful for how Mike is aware of my needs, and patiently and tenderly deals with my (overly) sensitive and emotional heart. I stand in awe at how quick he is to apologize and extend forgiveness to me, how selfless and kind he is to me when I least deserve it, and for how he is truly the hands and feet of Jesus to me each day.

Happy 5th anniversary, Mikey. I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys!! I remember being there that day and how great it was. Your love and faith are inspiration and encouragement to all couples living for Christ and for each other. By the way, Mike looks like a baby in that picture...did you marry a middle schooler? Did I look that young that year too? haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I didn't even realize it yesterday when I saw you guys or I woulda said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! So glad to know you two; you ARE such a great example in how you live and how love one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five years already! We're so glad to have you in our family, Karly! You are a blessing! (of course Mike is too)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I think Mike should get that framed and read it whenever he needs a kind word. Beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete