Sunday, July 12, 2009

You are the weakest link, goodbye!

This morning I was contemplating how I am feeling. We've had people asking us if we're excited, sad, or nervous, but I don't think I feel those emotions as strongly as I feel weak. It has been a lesson of grace, learning how to depend more and more on Christ for my strength and joy as we venture into so many unknowns. As I sat outside this morning thinking and wondering how our departure date approached so quickly, I saw an ant walk by dragging a huge beetle. And I thought to myself, if God is gracious enough to allow an ant the strength to carry something that is 10X its size each day, He will sustain me and give me the strength to serve Him overseas. The strength to walk on that plane tomorrow morning with no regrets, to confidently teach AP Spanish, to disciple teenage girls, to speak freely about the amazing gift that Jesus is, to let go and learn to live life in Thailand.

So while I may be a weak link, I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, for it is in my weakness that I am made strong. Goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. This post gave me chills. I'm excited for you and Mike and this next adventure in your lives. I will be praying for you today as you travel. Can't wait to hear about your life and faith over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye, Mike and Karly. I look forward to hearing how you're doing in this next season of your lives. "We are weak, but He is strong!" You're in my prayers, Mike and KARLEEEE (as Luke would say!)

    ReplyDelete